Rick Anderson is a grandpa who is fighting back against Cystic Fibrosis.

The retired attorney started Butte’s NCAA March Madness Calcutta Cystic Fibrosis Benefit nearly a decade ago, and the event has helped raise much needed money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

In that time, amazing breakthroughs in the treatment of the disease have been made. A lot of fun has been had, too.

This year’s event will be held Wednesday, March 15 at the Butte Country Club. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., and the actioning of teams will begin a 7. Last year’s winning team took home more than $62,000.

The Calcutta gives 90 percent of the money out in prizes. The other 10 percent goes to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. The event also features a Dutch auction and a whole lot of appetizers.

Listen to this podcast as Rick discusses the first 10 years of the Calcutta, how it started and how it is going. Listen to him give the credit to everyone but himself.

Listen in as he talks about his grandson and granddaughter who are living with Cystic Fibrosis and hear why Rick could let that go without a fight.

Click on the poster below for more information on the Calcutta.